Indicated Power, Brake Power, Friction Ability
Indicated power, Brake power, friction power
|Indicated power, Brake power, friction power|
Indicated ability is theoretical ability of internal combustion engine. Indicated ability inwards ic engine is develope inwards cylinder. This ability is laissez passer on the information of engine.
Indicated ability of ic engine
Indicated ability of engine is ,a full ability available from expanding of the gases inwards the cylinder. In indicated ability friction, oestrus loss in addition to entropy are non consider.
Indicated ability of diesel fuel engine is to a greater extent than than the indicated ability of petrol engine.
1. Indicated ability definitionThe ability which arrive at due to combustion of fuel inside the cylinder of ic engine that ability is called equally indicated power. IP is define equally the ability railroad train due to combustion of fuel inwards the cylinder of ic engine.Indicated ability agency all ability is considered without whatever loss of power.
2. Indicated ability formula of ic engine
Indicated ability formula for two stroke engine
Indicated ability of a two stroke engine is equal to double of indicated ability of a four stroke engine.
Indicated ability formula for four stroke engine
I.p = PLAN
Indicated ability of a four stroke engine is equal to one-half of indicated ability of a two stroke engine.
P= hateful effective pressure given inwards KN/ m²
L= length of stroke given inwards m
A= expanse of bore of each cylinder given inwards m²
N= rotation per infinitesimal (RPM)
Indicated ability is straight proportional to
1) hateful effective pressure
2) length of stroke
3) expanse of bore of each cylinder
4) rotation per minute
If speed of engine is increasing in addition to then indicated ability is besides increased,means indicated ability is straight proportional to speed of engine.
3. Indicated ability si unitIndicated ability unit of measurement is KN-m/sec in addition to indicated ability si unit of measurement is KW (kilowatt)
Indicated ability of multi cylinder engineMorse exam is used inwards multi cylinder engine. This morse exam used for standard indicated ability of multi cylinder engine.
Indicated ability formula for multi cylinder engine
1) for two stroke engine
I.p= PLAN ×n
2) for four stroke engine
I.p= PLAN ×n
2 × 60
Where n= release of cylinder.
Brake ability inwards ic engineBrake ability is actual (practice) ability of internal combustion engine.
Brake ability is ability output of the drive of an ic engine amongst considering losses. The brake ability is ability available (developed) at the crankshaft. Brake ability it is the output ability of engine that agency this ability pregnant the value of output from engine.brake ability is e'er less than indicated power.
1. Brake ability definitionThe ability of engine which developed on crankshaft that ability is called equally brake power. Brake ability is the ability available at crankshaft.these brake ability railroad train past times engine at output shaft.
The brake ability of ic engine is measured past times brake mechanism( prong brake or rope brake)
2. Brake ability measure
3. Brake ability formula1) inwards representative of prony brake
B.p = 2NT
N= speed of engine inwards rpm
T= toque of shaft inwards N-m
2) inwards representative of rope brake
B.p = (W-S)ND
W= dead charge inwards N
southward = boundary residual reading inwards N
D= diameter of rope inwards m
N= speed of engine inwards rpm
4. Brake ability unitBrake ability in addition to indicated ability unit of measurement is same.
Brake ability unit of measurement is KN-m/sec in addition to Brake ability si unit of measurement is KW (kilowatt)
5. Brake ability standard instrumentBrake ability is measured amongst help of dynamometer. Most accurate standard dynamometer is swinging champaign type dynamometer.
Most normally used dynamometer is prony brake type dynamometer.this method is uncomplicated than other process.
Friction ability of ic engineFriction ability is caluculate the losses inwards ic engine.friction ability is non subject on load,friction ability is depend on loss inwards engine. Brake ability is e'er less than indicated ability because around losses is occurs when ability transmit from cylinder to crankshaft, in addition to this loss ability is called equally friction power.
1. Friction ability definitionDifference betwixt indicated ability in addition to brake ability is called equally friction power.
F.P= IP- BP
2 Frictional ability formula
More Related article of Mcq on machine design